Sigx

We are the future in the past.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My SigX is frozen
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:09 pm 

I've noticed if few days ago: stats on my SigX are frozen, and they don't change. It seems that if I add a new or remove and add an existing option I get a blank line. Look at my sig... Winamp is not updating, quote is frozen instead of random, mousometer if frozen, system time is frozen, ip is not showing at all and idle is not working. What's the problem? I tried restarting the comp and reinstalling sigx... no luck.

PS. SigX sais "Update Succesful", preview shows a frozen sig... so does menu (the grey SigX soft menu) - it actually doesn't want to update with anything. But the stars bar seems to work just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:01 pm 

what os and what version are you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:06 pm 

Try erasing Sigx.ini, it will lose all your settings but it might reset the issue. You will have to reenter the settings for SigX after. Just close out SigX before you erase it.
Or overwrite the Sigx.ini by using the default one in the download zip on the download page.

Sorry about not replying earlier, but for some reason your post didn't get marked in the forum as new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:43 am 

A new ini helped - for a few minutes.... I got an update through, I saw my proper sig here, but after a few minutes - it was back to blank.

I am comparing old and new ini files and I cannot figure out what was broken with the old one (I looked at it few days ago too).

I will repeat the process and I will let you know if I can figure out what's causing the issue.

I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3 and C++ 2.17 version of SigX (the problem occurred when I had 2.15 and I updated few days ago, that didn't solve the problem, obviously).

Update: Bingo, I have it: SigX works fine when restarted after deletion of ini, but if restarted once more, it goes back to the dead mode, requiring me to turn it off, delete the ini file again and restart SigX. It's not terribly complex, but it sure is annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:31 am 

get the latest version 2.2.1 http://www.sigx.org/dist/SigXC221.zip

make sure sigx is not running. i suggest a clean install, so delete the current sigx folder.